EXAMPLE of DOMAIN REDIRECT
notes.unamerican.com could redirect to metanotes.com/user/sri/unamerican
Domain Redirect To A Space = $$$$$$$
I'd love to SELL DOMAIN HOSTING on a monthly basis with a sliding traffic scale (free if few views).
A paid DOMAIN LANDRUSH sounds just about right...
I put it on tumblr. that's the only free place I can think of.
UNTITLED and RENAME SPACE
from metaspace or from Space Settings.
Why? Because I start creating notes in a space named like "aug12" and then realize, wait, this is turning out to be about a specific thing (stickergiant) and I want to rename it to stickergiant so that I know what's in it next time.
You don't actually name a Word document until you hit Ctrl-S, so you start typing into a document called Untitled 1 until you save it.
THREE MOBILE THINGS
* the METASPACE works
* i can CREATE NEW SPACE in my account
* I can CREATE NEW NOTES in my spaces
it'd be neat if creating new notes looked like Fetchnotes with the big plus button at the bottom of the screen :D
When you come to metanotes.com you can start a new space, and then create new notes in that space.
like OMMWRITER, just start typing.
Imagine if you just came to metanotes and saw an empty GOAL note and you start typing. Then you see a Why? note pop up after you Save the GOAL note.
And only after you've filled in the Why note and hit Save are you prompted to name this Space. Until then it's "Untitled 3"...
You don't have to "create a new space" to start using Ommwriter. You just boot it up and start typing. I like that a lot. No need to worry about "what should I name this space" or "what is this space about?"
that way I can see the spaces I have created so far and click into them to play around in them. Should work in mobile web too.
Tumblr follow-space popups
When you go to a Tumblr you're asked if you'd like to follow that space...
"100 spaces remaining" indicator
maybe they should pay us to make more than 100 spaces.
basically this can wait, though, until we have many users and traction first, but still...
Each user should have a "spacecount" and when spacecount=100 they have to pay us a monthly or annualized-monthly fee to get infinite spaces (among other perks).
GOAL: a million spaces
It isn't user count but space count that I think we should boast about because one user may create a hundred spaces.
metanotes.com IS create-new-space
just go to METANOTES.COM and you create a new space right there.
Things I wish were easier.
- Changing color of a note.
- Closing a panel by clicking anywhere in the metanotes-area while a panel is open.
- Setting default note color, or even a Theme like the old days
Things I wish were possible.
- Going to metanotes.com on my iPhone and seeing a mobile METASPACE where I can either Create New Space or select one of my last used space.
- Printing an individual note.
- Duplicating an individual note.
- Copying or moving an individual note to a different space.
- Notifications so I know if someone has @summoned me
- Seeing when I last logged in.
- Embedding a slideshare.
- @summoning and email-summoning.
- Create account with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Evernote.
Things I wish we could get paid for.
* >50 spaces in your account.
- Instagram: zoop your pix into your profile space.
- Evernote: zoop your evernotes into a space.
- Export / email text (as raw text).
- File storage and easy-dragndrop-pix upload a la imgur.
embed code for each note?
that way a blogger could put a single individual note into a different web page, sort of like embed-a-tweet...